The University of Luxembourg is the first and only university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and is multilingual, international and research-oriented. The university has academic staff from 20 different countries teaching to 6,300 students from 110 different countries. It has three faculties and two interdisciplinary centres. The - Institut d'Histoire du Temps Présent (IHTP) – the Interdisciplinary Centre of Contemporary, European and Digital History (CEDH) will be an institute of highest academic excellence for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and of Europe. It promotes an interdisciplinary approach to the study of contemporary history with a particular focus on new digital methods and tools for historical research.
Mission: Develop and lead the new interdisciplinary centre IHTP/CEDH, define its strategy together with the relevant bodies of the University of Luxembourg, set objectives, activity plans, benchmarks and develop internal rules.
Contract: This is a position as Director of the IHTP/CEDH with a mandate of five years, renewable. It includes a permanent position as Full Professor in Contemporary History at the University. He/she will participate in teaching (Doctoral school, Master en Histoire Contemporaine/Bachelor Culture Européenne – filière Histoire).
- PhD in History
- Full Professor in Contemporary History
- Research profile focused on at least two of following research fields and willingness to quickly familiarise with the other area:
- Contemporary History of Luxembourg
- Digital History
- Contemporary European History
- Proven experience of leadership and management of research institutions
- Ability to lead an multinational team with members coming from different previous institutions inside and outside the University of Luxembourg
- Proven experience in leading research projects
- High level international publications
- High level international network
- Excellent record of funding
Fluent in two of the three languages of the University (French, German, English). Proficiency in all three languages is considered an advantage.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org